06 Feb Grilled Mahi Sandwich
The grilled mahi sandwich is a Florida favorite and very simple to prepare. When grilled, it has a juicy, sweet, nutty flavor and a firm white texture.
Grilled Mahi Sandwich
2 six-ounce portions of Mahi
1 tsp. paprika
¼ tsp. oregano
¼ tsp. thyme
⅛ tsp. onion powder
⅛ tsp. garlic powder
⅛ tsp. black pepper ( or red pepper if you prefer some heat)
⅛ tsp. salt
lettuce (for garnish)
tomato (for garnish)
mayonnaise to spread on bun
2 medium sub rolls
1. Mix all dry ingredients together in a small bowl.
2. Season both sides of Mahi portions with spice mix
3. Place Mahi on grill over medium heat and cook 3 to 5 minutes per side until internal temperature reaches 140º Fahrenheit then remove from grill and let stand.
4. Slice the bun and cook on grill till desired toast preference.
5. Remove from grill, slice tomato, and prepare lettuce for garnish.
6. Spread mayonnaise on roll and layer lettuce, Mahi, tomato.