28 Apr Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
4 tablespoons butter, melted
9 slices bacon
18 13/15 Key West Pink Shrimp
18 wooden skewers, soaked in water for at least 15 minutes
1. Thaw, peel and devein shrimp
2. Combine butter and spices, then add shrimp, stirring to coat the shrimp. Let shrimp marinate for 1 to 2 hours.
3. Slice bacon in half and cook over medium high heat to render out some fat, keeping bacon flexible. Drain the bacon and pat grease out with a paper towel.
4. Wrap each piece of shrimp with a piece of bacon. Slide on to skewers. If you use wooden skewers, the skewers need to be soaked for about 15 minutes in water.
5. Grill on a hot grill until shrimp are opaque. Use remainder of marinade and baste the shrimp when turning.